Properties for Sale
The City of Niles is actively engaged in business, economic and cultural development opportunities in our community. To that end; the City retains some city-owned properties for future business and industrial development. Some of those development properties are listed below.The Niles City Council is seeking viable Proposals for Development for the following two (2) vacant properties - 4 South 3rd Street and 314 Front Street.
Please be sure to review the Business Menu to learn more about our city's demographics, economic development opportunities, land development and available resources within our industrial park. Review currently available properties below. Feel free to contact our Community Development Director Ryan Millin if you have questions regarding any of the properties listed.
For a complete map of each City of Niles Property available for sale as of 8-8-2023, click here.
Former Public Safety Property - 4 South Third Street
4 South Third Street, Corner of 3rd St. & Broadway
4 South Third Street, Far Northwest Boundary & Broadway Bridge
- Former police/fire/senior center land consists of four parcels: (1) 1172 4560 0062 003 (2) 1172 4560 0066 003 (3)1173 4560 00 66 003 (4) 1173 4560 0065 007. The freestanding building to the north of the transformers located at the north west corner of lot 1 is not included in the sale.
- All other buildings have been demolished. Land has been seeded.
- Approx. 260 feet of frontage on S. Third Street & 315 feet of frontage on Broadway. The entire site is approx. 1.48 acres.
- The Riverfront Park Trail and the St. Joseph River sit behind the property.
- Prime residential/commercial property. Niles’ pop. is 11,600 w/access to 400,000 customers w/in 30-min radius.
314 Front Street - Corner of Front & Ferry St
- Prime Business/Commercial Property at 314 N. Front Street. Front Street part of main thoroughfare for US 31.
- Riverfront Park, Riverfront Trail and St. Joseph River located behind property.
- More than 164 Square ft with average depth of 134.74 ft.
- Total Acreage of combined property is 0.72. Property Zoned Business/Commercial.
- Property Tax ID # 72-6850-0005-00-2
- Property Description: Prt of Reddicks sub of lot 41 in Wm Justices Add City of Niles com 132' N of SE Cor of SD Sub TH N 66'W 132 ft N 76' W 98.44' S 132' TH E 52.8' TH S 10' E to Beg.
- Access to 400,000 customers within a 30 min radius. Niles is in southwest Michigan, 9 miles from South Bend, Indiana, 60 miles from Kalamazoo, Michigan, and 90 miles from Chicago.