FALL LEAF PICKUP: HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Please assist the Street Department crews by following these few simple rules:
- Rake leaves to the back of the curb and not onto the pavement. Leaves raked into the street can cause flooding problems, create a safety hazard, and hampers snow removal operations (if we experience an early snowfall);
- Leaves mixed with brush, limbs, trash, ashes, or other debris will not be picked up;
- Leaves must be raked out in advance of the leaf vacuums. Leaves raked out afterwards will not be picked up;
- Please move your vehicles to off-street locations when the crews are in your neighborhood, both for your benefit and your neighbor's. Cars parked in the street slow the collection process down significantly and force the crews to leave piles of leaves behind that can not be reached with the equipment;
- Please do not cover the water meter castings in the boulevard area. This prevents meter readers from taking actual readings and requires them to estimate your water usage.
- Crews will go around the City at least three complete times, weather permitting. Don't take any chances, rake out as many leaves as possible in advance of the first pick up, since the second and third times around may be halted or delayed by bad weather. Normally the crews work ten hours per day, Monday thru Saturday. The goal is to complete the entire program prior to December 15th.
For more information on City Services provided by the Department of Public Works Check out their Update Page.