It has been a very tough year for all of us. But Help is Here. President Biden passed the American Rescue Plan to help all of us during this year of pandemic. See what help you can get below.
$1,400 in Your Pocket
- If you are single and make less than $75,000/ year.
- If you are the head of household and make less than $112,500
- If you are married and, together, make less than $150,000
- File your taxes here
- For help, click here or call (800) 829-1040. If your income is less than $72,000, you can file your taxes for free. There's also a tool here to help you get your payment.
- If you are a non-tax filer, click here for more information.
- Receive $3,000 tax credit per child for children 6 and over
- Receive $3,600 tax credit per child for children under 6 years old
Remember, if you lost your job, you can receive an extra $300 per week along with unemployment benefits. These benefits have been extended until September 6th, 2021. Sign up here or call (866) 487-2365.
Health Insurance Help
You can lower your costs and sign up for health care with the link here.
If you lost your health insurance, help with the cost of COBRA coverage can be found here or call (866) 487-2365 for help.
There is also extra money available for food. Find Michigan's SNAP* Program here.
Or Call (800) 221-5689
*Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
Are You a Renter?
If you are behind on your rent and at risk of losing your home, apply at a state or local level for emergency rental assistance here or call (800) 569-4287.
COVID-19 vaccines are also available, for free, to citizens. For help finding an appointment near you, visit the link here.