The City of Niles City Council has opted in to the State's Medical Marihuana program.
As of January 21, 2019, the Council has approved provisional licenses for 4 grow operations, 2 processing centers, and 2 provisioning centers.
The City of Niles is accepting applications for two (2) provisioning centers and additional grow, processing, transport and/or testing facilities that would be compliant with the State of Michigan's and the City of Niles' Medical Marihuana Programs.
The City will accept applications for Provisioning Centers until March 8 2019 at 11:00am EST.
Interested business owners should plan to apply by providing the following items in hardcopy, to the City of Niles to the attention of the Community Development Director:
1. The company's submitted State application for provisioning center ( please do not provide tax returns and bank statements)
2. The company's Notice of Prequalification Status with the State of Michigan, Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
3. A non-refundable fee of $2500.00
The City of Niles Phase 1 Application Process as defined in Section 3.B of the City's Medical Marihuana Ordinance:
The City Administrator or their designee shall, consistent with the requirements of this Ordinance, evaluate and nominate for approval be the City Council, those applicants which the City Administrator or their designee determines should be awarded a provisional license. In determining the provisional licenses, the City Administrator or their designee shall consider the following criteria:
1. Compliance with application requirements;
2. Compliance with the requirements of this Ordinance;
3. Capitalization and means to operate the proposed Facility;
4. Business history and experience;
5. Regulatory compliance/legal history;
6. Strength of bushiness plan;
7. Integrity, moral character, and cooperation level with the City;
8. Financial benefit to the City; and
9. Any other consideration relevant to the public health, safety, or welfare.
10. Approved for Prequalification with the State of Michigan to operate a Medical Marihuana Facility as defined in the Acts.
Upon acceptance into Phase 2 City of Niles, Medical Marihuana Provisioning Center selection process we will require:
1. Proof of ownership or authorization to use the property for a medical marihuana
a. A notarized Statement from the owner of such property authorizing the use of the property for a medical marihuana facility, if the applicant is not the owner of the proposed licensed premises;
b. A copy of any deed reflecting the applicant's rights to purchase or lease, the proposed licensed premises;
Incomplete applications and fees will be accepted, but not considered eligible until all documents and fees are submitted at which time a final note of completion will be placed on the application.
All fees are non refundable and additional fees and documents will be required if approved for the City's Medical Marihuana Program.
For a copy of the zoning ordinance amendment associated with the Medical Marihuana Program click here.
For a copy of the Medical Marihuana Zoning Overlay Map click here.
If you have questions, please email CommunityDevelopment@nilesmi.org no phone calls, please.