Postcard of the Historic Niles Post Office
Built in 1909, this structure replaced the post office located on the corner of Main and Third Streets in downtown Niles. The building features neoclassical architecture with limestone-trimmed buff brick walls and granite faced foundation. Over time, several expansions were added to the building, including a rear addition in 1937 and a west side expansion in 1956. This building was replaced in the 1980s with the current post office on Broadway and 9th Streets. It later served as the home for the City of Niles Utilities Department.
Sold in 2018, General Capital Group renovated the building and opened a multi-use facility with apartment homes, retail and public space, retaining its historic character.