Regional Reduced Fare Card Program
The Regional Reduced Fare Card (RRFC) program is designed to provide people in Berrien, Cass and Van Buren counties with a quick and easy way to receive a reduced fare on public transit products and services.
To apply for a Regional Reduced Fare Card, please call our office (269-684-5150 ext. 4) to schedule an appointment time to come in and process your application. If you are over the age of 60, please just bring a copy of your Photo ID (Birth Certificate, Passport, Driver's License, or State ID), verifying your age along with your completed application. If you are applying due to a disability, You must bring a completed application, a photo ID (Birth Certificate, Passport, Driver's License, or State ID), and a copy of the SSD paperwork or Medicare card. All applications must be completed and a photo ID (Birth Certificate, Passport, Driver's License, or State ID). All applicants must have a copy of a their photo ID (Birth Certificate, Passport, Driver's License, or State ID) before an application is approved. Approved applicants should receive their permanent card at the time of the appointment. **As we are at a temporary location due to flooding, temporary cards will be available until we are able to process permanent Regional Reduced Fare Cards. Temporary cards may or may not be recognized by other Transit agencies.
Below is all the information regarding the RRFC. Click to complete or print the application. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call 269-684-5150. Niles DART is committed to making this transition as quick and simple as possible for you.
Who Can Apply?
Persons with Disabilities
All persons with disabilities should complete an application and submit proof of disability. There are three ways to show eligibility:
- Proof of Social Security disability (SSD) payments from the federal government, such as a copy of award letter or check;
- Have a certified Human Service professional such as a social worker fill out the Agency Certification section on the application;
- Have a family Physician fill out the Agency Certification section of the application.
Individuals must be 60 years old or older to qualify. Seniors should complete an application and are required to present a current photo ID that includes a date of birth. There are two ways to show eligibility:
- Medicare card;
- A government-issued picture identification card that verifies your age (drivers license, state of Michigan ID card, alien registration card or passport).
Also required is:
A government-issued picture identification card that verifies your age (drivers license, state of Michigan ID card, alien registration card or passport) is required to process all applications.
Benefits to Riders
With the Regional Reduced Fare ID card, the individual is eligible to use any of the public transportation bus services in Berrien, Cass and Van Buren Counties at a reduced rate. When visiting other states, the Regional Fare Card may also be used to show one’s eligibility to receive a reduced rate.
Certain conditions apply:
- The Regional Reduced Fare ID cards must be shown to purchase reduced fare passes or tokens, as well as to pay reduced cash fares on buses.
- The Regional Reduced Fare ID card is not transferable to people other than the card holder.
- Improper use of the Regional Reduced Fare ID card will result in the loss of card privileges.
Ways to Apply:
There are four ways to apply for a Transit Regional Reduced Fare ID Card:
- Apply in-person
- Apply by mail
- Apply by Fax
- Call to Register for Express Application Processing-held at your local Senior Center
Applicants must send a copy of their current government issued photo ID if mailing their application. Please attach copies of any other verifying documentation if applicable.
Apply in-person or send applications to:
Niles Dial-A-Ride Transportation
623 N. Second St.
Niles, MI 49120
Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday- 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
Offices and Lobby are closed on Saturdays and Sundays