Passenger On-Board Policy
Dial A Ride Transportation has developed a passenger policy to provide communication of our expectations of DART riders and to provide a more secure, safe and enjoyable ride for all of our passengers. Our passenger on-board policy is shown below. You can print a copy of the policy also. For more information, contact Kelly Getman-Dissette at 269-684-5150.
Niles DART On-Board Policy
Niles DART is a shared ride, public transportation service. In order to maintain a safe and pleasant environment, Niles DART has established some basic rules governing behavior on our buses:
- Please make the seats closest to the door available to seniors and persons with disabilities, if requested.
- Service animals are welcome, but must be identified as such.
- Small animals may be brought on-board only if they are carried in an enclosed carrier (no cardboard boxes) for the duration of the trip.
- Be mindful of others when talking on your phone or using electronic devices. Please turn down your ringer and use headphones.
- Passengers are allowed bags and other carry-on items only in the amount that they can carry on in one trip (without additional assistance).
- Passengers who require additional assistance getting to the bus or to the door of their destination should ride with a caregiver.
- All mobility assistance devices are welcomed. Walkers, etc. must be safely stowed out of the aisles while the bus is in operation.
- Bicycles are not permitted inside the bus. If you are traveling with a bicycle, please load it onto the bicycle rack on the front of the bus.
- Personal shopping carts are allowed on DART vehicles, provided they can be safely stowed out of the aisle. If you need help securing a personal shopping cart please ask the bus operator for assistance.
- Strollers are permitted on board but must be safely stowed out of the aisle. If the bus becomes crowded, the driver may ask you to fold your stroller.
- Tampering with the bus or any DART equipment is prohibited. Passengers who wish to open a window must first ask the driver.
- The use of tobacco products and electronic cigarettes is prohibited while on the bus or within 25 feet of an entrance to the bus.
- All food and drink must be in secure, unopened containers. Eating and drinking are prohibited while on the bus.
- The use of alcohol or drugs while on board is prohibited.
- No weapons of any kind are allowed on the bus.
- No hazardous materials are allowed on the bus (gasoline, fuels, large batteries, explosives, corrosive materials).
- Swearing and profane language are prohibited while on board.
- Drunken, disorderly, or disruptive conduct is prohibited while on board.
- DART is not responsible for lost of stolen items.
Comments and questions regarding DART service can be directed to the office at 269-684-5150. Thank you all for your patronage!
Passenger No-Show Policy
In addition, please be aware that DART has a complete No Show Policy.
Canceling DART Reservations / No-Show Policy
If you no longer need a scheduled ride, please be courteous and cancel your reservation by calling DART Dispatch at 269-684-5150. Because of a significantly high occurrence of no-shows, Niles Dial A Ride Transportation (DART) will enforce a no-show policy for passengers who fail to cancel a scheduled trip with at least 20 minutes notice before the pick-up time. The fee for violating the No-Show Policy will be equal to the amount of fare that would have been paid for the scheduled trip. A total of 10 no-shows in 60 days will result in suspension of service of up to 30 days for that individual rider. Any fare owed due to no-show trips must be paid prior to resuming transportation. For additional No Show Information, please read the entire No-Show Policy.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office at 269-684-5150.